Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- During the THQ Nordic showcase last weekend a new trailer was released for ELEX 2. ELEX 2 is under the same developers of Gothic and Risen franchises. The sequel sets to be quite an ambitious project and hopefully will give fans something to look forward to. The first title ELEX was released in 2017 as a single-player Action-RPG.
- The latest trailer gives a closer look at the ELEX 2 story, set in a sci-fantasy open-world universe. It shows some of the faction struggles, and includes hungry aliens.
- There was no release date announcement, but ELEX II will be coming to PC, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
For more on this news find it here in ELEX 2 Gets New Story Trailer At THQ Nordic Showcase.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax gave a preview of the upcoming Update 32 and Deadlands DLC coming to the Elder Scrolls Online during livestream. The update sets to add a number of new features including the new Armory system which will allow players to switch between builds more easily.
- This feature will be coming to all platforms and as part of the base game. The builds/loadouts will let you set up Skills/Morphs, Attributes, Weapons, Champion Points, Armor and even Curses (Vampirism/Lycanthropy).
- Other features coming include curated Item Set Collections that will help reduce the RNG of getting certain items in dungeons. There are also quality of life features such as Incursions being shown when active, and Skyshards now appearing on your compass and map when you’re close.
- Elder Scrolls Online is also getting DLSS which will work with both RTX20 series and 30 series. A new feature from Nvidia called Deep Learning Anti Aliasing will also be coming to ESO as one the first games to have this feature.
- As for Deadlands, the new zone Deadlands will introduce new areas part of the Daedric realm of Mehrunes Dagon including the Fleapit. This includes new Delves to explore. The zone DLC will be of similar size to previous DLC zones such as Markarth or Dragonhold.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Deadlands & Update 32 New Features Preview.
Diablo 2 Resurrected
- Developer Vicarious Visions has revealed they have plenty of ideas for new content for Diablo II: Resurrected which released this week.
- In a media interview (via Windows Central), studio Vicarious Visions design director Rob Gallerani and product lead Michael Bukowski shared more about the creation of Diablo II: Resurrected, also sharing a little about what might come in future for the remaster.
- Gallerani said that the team is currently focusing on the core game, but also have a few ideas of what the future may hold for the Action-RPG. New ideas include adding runewords, new items, rebalancing and more, but keeping the core game intact.
- Diablo 2 Resurrected is now available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch. If you want to see the game in action be sure to drop by our Fextralife Twitch channel to check it out with us.
For more on this news find it here in Diablo 2 Resurrected Devs Share They Have Plenty Of Ideas For New Content.
The Good Life
- The release date for The Good Life was announced this week. The game by the Deadly Premonition director Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro, sets to be a sim life game but with a detective RPG twist. The title will be releasing this October 15th.
- While the game follows the similar idea of life sims where planting crops or farming is popular, The Good Life follows a less typical path with jam making, cryptocurrency mining and more while solving a grisly murder.
- The main character Naomi will use her photojournalism skills or using more unconventional methods of gaining clues such as using a cat to help her traverse the town or a dog to help sniff out clues.
- The Good Life releases October 15th on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Switch and PC.
For more on this news find it here in The Good Life A Detective RPG Life Sim Releases October 15th.
Neo: The World Ends with You
- Square Enix and developer h.a.n.d. has announced Neo: The World Ends With You will be coming to PC on September 28th.
- The PS4 and Switch versions of the game were released earlier this year in July, with a PC version announced for this year. The release date has been confirmed for the follow up of the classic JRPG.
- Neo: The World Ends with You has a unique Pin battle system, with over 300 pins available which can be equipped, assigning them to teammates, each with its own particular ability. Safe to say there are numerous combinations to be created.
For more on this news find it here in Neo: The World Ends With You For PC Launches September 28th.
- The MMORPG New World will be launching next week on PC, and the developer Amazon Games has revealed the server lists dependent on region. There are over 170 different servers under North Ameria, North America West, Central Europe, South America and Australia.
- This list will hopefully get you and your friends prepared for which servers you want to play on. There are quite a few under each region, so there is plenty of choice. There are also language recommended servers as well.
- In other news, you can begin pre-downloading the launch client on September 27th at 8AM PT/11 AM ET. So if you want to get your game installed before the servers go live, be sure to get that done.
- New World will release on PC on September 28th. If you’re looking for all things New World be sure to drop by our New World wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in New World World Server List Revealed.
Monster Hunter Rise
- Capcom announced during the Nintendo Direct that Monster Hunter Rise, the acclaimed Action-RPG will be getting its first expansion Sunbreak on the Nintendo Switch and PC next year in summer 2022.
- The expansion was revealed with a debut trailer featuring a new eerie setting and an all-new menacing monster. While new info wasn’t revealed, Capcom will be sharing more details about the expansion soon.
- We will also be seeing more of Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak at TGS 2021 through Capcom’s lineup which will be livestreamed on September 30th at 6:00 AM PDT.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Expansion Coming To Nintendo Switch 2022.
Voice of Cards: The Isle of Dragon Roars
- Voice of Cards: The Isle of Dragon Roars was teased earlier this month as a card-based tabletop RPG coming from the creative director of the NieR series, Yoko Taro. Finally, an announcement trailer was revealed today revealing a tabletop adventure depicted completely by cards. A demo was also announced which is now available to play.
- The trailer previews some of the tabletop RPG in action, completely made up of cards, including the world you traverse. The narrator outlines the premise of the story and gameplay shows a game piece which moves across cards which makeup up the path travelled. It also shows a brief battle of cards with numbers depicting damage and also status effects such as paralysis.
- If you want to check out the game yourself, you can download the demo which is now available on PS4, Switch and PC via Steam.
- While the game isn’t part of the Drakengard or NieR franchise of games, players can pick up the bundle DLC crossover with NieR Replicant which features costumes, Emil designs including dice, music from the game and more.
- Voice of Cards: The Isle of Dragon Roars releases on PC, Switch and PS4 on October 28th. A demo is now available on all platforms.
For more on this news find it here in Voice Of Cards: The Isle Of Dragon Roars A Card-Based RPG Gets Announcement Trailer.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: