Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Tales of Arise
- This week was the release of the latest entry in the Tales series, Tales of Arise. A new trailer dropped just before the release which features an overview of the story and gameplay.
- The trailer features the party of heroes who will fight alongside the “Iron Mask” Alphen, previewing some of the abilities and the expansive world. It shows some of the exploration which includes swimming to discover items and more.
- Tales of Arise is the 17th entry in the Tales series, which will introduce a stunning world darkened by the struggle of the Dahna people who are treated as slaves by the power-hungry Rena. The game features action, hack and slash combat with a party of playable characters to meet.
- If you want to know what we thought of the game be sure to check out our Tales of Arise Review: A Beautiful Experience.
- Tales of Arise is now available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Tales Of Arise Gets New Trailer Story & Gameplay Ahead Of Release.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fatesworn DLC
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning‘s DLC Fatesworn was annoucned this week to be in the “final stages of production” according to the official twitter account. A post on Steam shares the first look at the new DLC with an image of Gale Crossing.
- Gale Crossing is described as part of the trade route on Sative Road according to the official description. Last we heard about Kingdom’s of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fatesworn which is a new expansion set to release for the remaster this year 2021. The DLC which is described to include 5+ hours of gameplay according to the Epic Games Store, but little else was shared. The game received a patch in June this year which added 4K to Playstation 5.
- Currently, there is no set release date for Fatesworn but it does look like we’re getting closer to finding out when with this announcement.
- If you’re diving into Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning be sure to check out our Kingdoms Of Amalur Re-Reckoning Getting Started Tips.
For more on this news find it here in Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fatesworn DLC In Final Stages Of Production.
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
- Owlcat Games has released a new patch for Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous which adds a number of fixes concentrating on quests, areas, crusade and more. The patch released this week does include a number of fixes for particular quests so if you want to avoid spoilers you might want to skip the quest details in the patch notes.
- As for other features Crusade got some fixes which includes some of the General’s starting abilities which didn’t work, AoE targeting in tactical battles, and more. Class and mechanics have also had some tweaks getting rid of Detect Magic ability, which didn’t do anything before, and fixes for Arcane Trickster prestige class. If you want to know all the changes and fixes you can check out the patch notes over on Fextralife.com. If you need some help Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous don’t miss out on our Companion Builds and visit the wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous Patch 1.0.1c Adds Fixes And Includes Stability Fixes.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Title Update 1.3.1 released for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla this week, adding further challenge with new Aesir difficulty mode. The update which is between 25-35 GB depending on your platform also adds new river raids with five weapons that can be pillaged from the new locations plus a new one-handed sword. Locations the Erriff and Berbha rivers in Ireland, and the Rhine rivers adds three waterways to River Raids mode.
- The Aesir difficulty option challenges players with reduced healing, +200% more damage inflicted on a player, and the window for successfully parrying an attack has been reduced by 38%. Also the amount of healing Eivor can receive will be based on the player’s selected difficulty settings and ranges from 100% health restored in Easy all the way up to 60% on Very Hard and Nightmare mode.
- New Skills will be available for Eivor and some new tattoos to adorn. New Abilities can be found in River Raids monasteries Spinning Harpoon, Percussion Arrow and Precision Axe Throw.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Title Update 1.3.1 Adds New River Raids, Skills Plus Aesir Difficulty Option.
- New World went into Open Beta this week which came with a new set of patch notes with further adjustments to the game. In the latest post, Amazon Games Studios have outlined the fixes and changes that have been made to the game since the closed beta. This includes PVP Scaling. The level difference will now “matter more” when you encounter other players. It will take more hits to kill a higher level player and less hits for a higher level player to kill a lower level player.
- Other adjustments include changes to Weapons including War Hammers, Swords, Life Staves, Hatchets, Great Axes and Bows. There have also been reductions for perks Fortified Recovery, Keenly Fortified and Mortal Fortification which have all been reduced from 30% to 10%.
- We have a video that goes into the changes in much more details so you can check that out if you want to know more. You can also join us over on Twitch if you want to see some New World in action.
- New World Open Beta is available until September 12th. New World is available for pre-order starting at $39.99 on PC.
For more on this news find it here in New World Open Beta Release Notes Includes Perk Adjustments, PVP Scaling, Bug Fixes And More.
Voice of the Gods: The Isle Dragon Roars
- Square Enix have unveiled the next game Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars which is coming from the minds of creative director Yoko Taro (known for the Drakengard series and NieR series), executive director Yosuke Saito (NieR series) and character designer Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series) which is an RPG “built of cards” according to the press release.
- The game is described to “spark players imagination” with storytelling. The game will have a narrative that is told completely by cards, which sounds like an interesting RPG experience.
- If you were hoping it was a Drakengard game Taro has already confirmed it’s not. It could be something completely brand new. There are also no announced platforms or release window.
For more on this news find it here in Next Yoko Taro Game Is Voice Of Card The Isle Dragons Roar A Card Based Tabletop RPG.
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will be releasing a physical edition for Playstation 4 at retailers on November 9th for $39.99. It will also include a free upgrade for the Playstation 5 version. Those interested in pre-order can do so at iam8bit and retailers worldwide.
- The Collector’s Edition was also announced for Playstation 5 is available exclusively at iam8bit, it is also currently available for pre-order for $249.99 available this winter.
- In the Final Cut version of Disco Elysium is added quests that didn’t make it into the original version of the game, and the major edition of voice acting.
- Want to know what we thought of the game? Check out our Disco Elysium Review: Dark Humor Goes Detective.
For more on this news find it here in Disco Elysium: The Final Cut PS4 Physical Edition Launches November 9th.
Nioh + Nioh 2
- The Nioh: Complete Edition is now available for free on the Epic Games Store. As usual the game is available for free for a limited time only, so if you want to grab it you better do it before September 16th.
- Nioh: Complete Edition includes the award winning base game plus DLCs Dragon of the North, Defiant Honor and Bloodshed’s End. The game comes with cross-play support with Steam players. You will also receive the exclusive bonus Fujin Helmet by claiming it through the “Boons” from a shrine.
- Nioh 2 Complete Edition is also now available on Epic with 20% discount. You will also gain the Sohaya Deserter Garb and Ornate Gold Armor as limited-time bonuses, plus Raijin Helmet.
- If you’re diving into the world of Nioh or Nioh 2 be sure to drop by our wikis all your samurai needs.
For more on this news find it here in Nioh: Complete Edition Is Free On The Epic Games Store.
Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was revealed to be getting a remake at the Playstation Showcase. It is being made for Playstation 5 as a console exclusive at launch, alongside a PC release. Other consoles are a possibility to be revealed at a later date.
- Handling the remake will be studio Aspyr who aims to rebuild the game “from the ground up”. This follows up their previous efforts of Republic Commando and Jedi Outcast. The trailer which was shown during Sony’s showcase previewed Darth Revan sporting his own lightsaber light up scene and ominous voice.
- The project is under quite some talent as Jennifer Hale will return as the voice of Bastila. Developers who have experience on the Demon’s Souls Remake and Ghost of Tsushima are also working on the project. There’s also lead gameplay Matt Berner who worked on Dragon Age: Inquisition, as well as many developers from the original KOTOR team. That stacks up to be quite the dream team.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake has no release date yet, but will be launching as a console exclusive on PS5 alongside PC.
For more on this news find it here in Knights Of The Old Republic Remake For PS5 Announced During Playstation Showcase.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: