Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker
- A few bits of pieces of news were announced during the Final Fantasy XIV Digital Fan Festival 2021 which included the release date for the MMORPG’S next expansion Endwalker, the release date for the Final Fantasy XIV Playstation 5 version, new content, plus roadmap for upcoming content.
- The Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker expansion will be releasing for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PC via Steam, and Mac on November 23rd. The Final Fantasy XIV Playstation 5 version will also be launching on May 25th.
- Those who pre-order now will get to join Early Access on November 19th, in-game items Menphina Earring, and a Wind-up Palom Minion. There was also a Final Fantasy XIV Collector’s Box, and Digital Collector’s Edition announced.
- Square also announced some details about the new content coming to Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker which includes a new job role Reaper who specialises in scythe-swinging melee DPS for close-quarter combat, and can call on an avatar from the Void. There will also be a new playable race, a Male Viera, yes bunny boys are on the way. There was also the reveal of new locations including a spectacular new lunar landscape, Mare Lamentorum.
If you want to find out more about the upcoming roadmap of content for Final Fantasy XIV, or any news mentioned in this video be sure to check them out on the Fextralife website.
For more about this news in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Expansion Releases On November 23rd.
- Recently a streamer who goes by the name of Skullzi, apparently who has sources close to the Starfield development, shared a number of Starfield screenshots apparently from an early 2018 build of the game. These include a few third-person shots and even some in first-person, as well as previewing what appears to be a collection of assets and fonts. These include a mixture of company logos and warning signs, including Axion Energy.
- What’s also interesting is that you can also see the HUD details, these show Oxygen capacity, stamina, health and weapons. While these images have not been confirmed by Bethesda, but they look pretty real. The poster also added some details including that this is from an older build of the game.
- Skullzi also goes on to outline a supposed feature of the game spacewalking, but doesn’t want to “100% come out and confirm it”.
- While none of these details have been confirmed by the developers themselves, the images and details shared look to be on par with what we know about the game so far.
- As for the release date for Starfield, that still looks to be still some time away, not this year at least according to this Twitter poster. But until we hear something concrete from Bethesda, take all this info with your usual dose of internet salt.
What do you think about the screenshots and the potential release window? Let us know in the comments below.
For more about this news in Rumour: Leaked Starfield Images From 2018 Build.
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance Switch Version
- The re-release for Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance was more or less a strange one, with a rather quiet launch last week, coming to modern consoles PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X. But there was also the promise of it coming to Switch on launch day. Launch day came and went, with word that the Switch version had been delayed a few days. According to the developer Black Isle Studios “issues did arise from the Switch release”.
- However this week the developer announced the new release date for the Switch version which arrived on May 20th. In case you missed it, the original Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance got a re-release for consoles, now supporting 4K, but came with no other significant graphic upgrades or changes.
- If you want to know whether Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance is worth it, be sure to check out Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance Review – 4K Re-Release – Is It Worth It?
Final Fantasy VII Intergrade
- Square Enix has dropped new information this week about upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade. Intergrade was announced back in February as a PS5 upgrade which will include a new episode called Episode Intermission about Yuffie. The latest information for the upcoming addition introduces characters Nero and Scarlet. It also shares details about the game mechanics including synergized attacks and Limit Breaks, plus mini-game Fort Condor and new summon Ramuh.
- In Final Fantasy VII Remake Episode Intermission, both Yuffie and Sonon will work as a team, synergising their attacks. Of course, Sonon cannot be controlled in battle as a playable character, but rather Yuffie can give him orders, which can help coordinate his attacks with Yuffie’s, giving a powerful attack when used together.
- Just like the main Final Fantasy VII Remake, the Yuffie episode will include Limit gauges which will fill when damage is taken. Once both Yuffie and Sonon receive enough damage, they can deal their own devasting attacks in return. Yuffie’s Limit Break is called Bloodbath, dealing a flurry of blows. Sonon’s Limit Break is called Dance of the Dragon, unleashing multiple hits with his staff, damaging foes in his path.
- A Final Fantasy game wouldn’t be complete without a mini-game, and Episode Intermission is no different. Fort Condor is the name of the game, where Yuffie will get to take part in a strategy game inspired by Shinra’s military campaigns.
- A new summon will be coming with Intermission, the lightning-wielding Ramuh. This Lord of Levin can strike down enemies with thunderbolts, and it is said he once cast judgement on those deemed wicked with his thunder.
Hollow Knight: Silksong
- Developer Team Cherry have confirmed that their upcoming title and sequel Hollow Knight Silksong will not be at E3 this year. The metroidvania action-adventure title which is a follow up to the 2017 Hollow Knight title was announced for Windows, macOS, Linux and Nintendo Switch back in 2019.
- So far there have been updates here and there about the sequel, but it looks like we won’t be getting any sort of announcement or reveal at E3 2021. This was announced by Matthew Griffen who is part of Team Cherry, who shared the news via Discord and subsequently got shared to the Hollow Knight Reddit community.
- Previously Team Cherry shared some details of what to expect for Silksong, including previewing some gameplay mechanics including that the main character the Hornet will use Bind, as well as an NPC reveal of The Huntress.
- While it’s sad news to hear that Silksong won’t be getting any reveals at E3, sometimes it’s better to wait for a developer to be ready to share so the game is done right and fans can be assured nothing is rushed. Fans of the indie title will need to wait a little longer to see more of Silksong, but in the meantime you can visit our Hollow Knight: Silksong wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in Hollow Knight: Silksong Will Not Be At E3 2021.
Leak: Monster Hunter Rise
- Capcom have already announced they will be hosting a live stream on May 26th at 7am PDT, with details about the upcoming free title update for Monster Hunter Rise. Update Ver.3.0 will require around 1.4 GB according to the developer. The broadcast will also include more information about Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin which is a turn-based RPG Monster Hunter game releasing on July 9th.
- If you want to avoid potential spoilers about upcoming content for update version 3.0. it’s best to skip ahead.
- A dataminer by the name of AsteriskAmpersand unveiled a list of monsters datamined from Monster Hunter Rise, which has a full list of monsters that were available in the demo, full launch and the update 2.0. Narrowing down what monsters have already been released and a little speculation, the Monster Hunter Rise community has gathered what is to be believed as the monsters coming in the next major update.
- On that list includes two elder dragons and an Apex. Valstrax is suspected to be one of the elder dragons arriving in update 3.0, but not just that a new variant Crimson Glow Valstrax and All Mother Narwa. There is also an Apex Zinogre apparently coming. The dataminer is also adamant that that Crimson Glow is not just a new name for Valstrax but because of the “variant folder structure”.
- There is also speculation of a crossover event of some kind that might arise, as World also received a slew of them, including Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy XIV and more. But this might come at a later date. As for what’s beyond 3.0. there could be an expansion, but might not be released until the following year.
- Of course take all this with a grain of salt as nothing has been confirmed yet by Capcom themselves. But the datamined info has been correct for the previously released monsters so this could be true. We will find out if this is all correct in the upcoming broadcast which will be streamed on May 26th.
For more on this news find it here Leak: Monster Hunter Rise Ver.3.0 Content.
- Developer Cryptic Studios of the Magic: The Gathering based title, Action-RPG Magic: Legends has released a new class Pyromancer which harnesses the power of Red mana and is a ranged caster. The fiery Planeswalker joins the online title in a brand new update free for all through the in-game store. Players can access the Planeswalker soon as they log into the game available until May 24th. The Pyromancer also has its own costume and extra spells which can be added to early levels in the free track of the current Battlepass, and will be available in every subsequent Battlepass. This will continue after the free claim period ends.
- The new update also comes with a brand-new story act that will continue the player’s journey in the Multiverse, improved performance, and adds a host of quality of life updates. Magic: Legends is currently in Open Beta on Arc Games and the Epic Games Store. It will be releasing on Xbox One and Playstation 4 later this year.
- Magic Legends is currently in open beta on PC via Arc Games and the Epic Games Store. Be sure to drop by our Magic: Legends wiki for all the latest and you can also learn more about the Pyromancer class.
For more on this news find it here in Magic Legends New Update Adds Pyromancer Class, Story Act And More.
Ni no Kuni 2
- Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom – Prince’s Edition will be coming to the Switch on September 17th. This is a re-release of the 2018 RPG, bringing the Prince’s Edition to the Switch platform which comes with DLC packs The Lair of the Lost Lord and Tale of a Timeless Tome. The Prince’s Edition will be available for $59.99.
- Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom features a story about a young prince, Evan Pettywhisker Tildrum who is the ruler of Ding Dong Dell. But treachery is afoot as his advisers decide to depose him, forcing him to wander the world of Ni no Kuni 2, in the process trying to reunite the lands and take back his rightful place on the throne.
- What sets Ni no Kuni apart from other fantasy titles is the aesthetic which was co-developed with none other than Studio Ghibli, bringing the vibrant fantasy world to life.
- Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom – Prince’s Edition will release on Nintendo Switch on September 17th.
For more on this news find it here in Bandai Namco Confirms Ni No Kuni 2 Is Coming To Switch With DLCs This September.
Bethesda x Microsoft
- With a busy month of gaming events this June, news and more, it also stirs up speculation about what will be presented in terms of titles and updates.
- According to a report by the French publication Le Figaro (which was picked up by VGC) this year will consist of a joint event between Microsoft and Bethesda. While no specific details were shared, the head of Microsoft Studios Matt Booty said it will take place in a few weeks which would line up with June events.
- In the past Microsoft has usually held their own event, Bethesda was recently acquired by the Xbox owner, meaning a collaboration event between the two wouldn’t seem out of place. The article also shared that the pandemic has done a number on the Xbox Game Studios’ titles, slowing down production and impacting “original games rather than sequels”.
- Probably the biggest anticipated game that fans are waiting in the wings for is Starfield, which was first revealed at E3 2018, there has been little word on what the title is about and when it will be releasing. But there have been potential leaks and rumours here and there. Of course this isn’t the only RPG that fans are waiting to hear more about, The Elder Scrolls VI which is set to release after Starfield is also in the works.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Xbox And Bethesda To Hold Joint Conference In June.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: