Paradox Interactive have announced Crusader Kings III expansion ‘Royal Court’.
Crusader Kings III Royal Court Expansion Announced
The next expansion for the strategy role-playing game Crusader Kings III will be called Royal Court, set to depict the challenges powerful rulers face to build their court and attract interesting people. The expansion will add a new way to interact with the characters that inhabit your kingdom, includes major changes to the cultural system of the game as well as adding greater “dynamism and historical fluidity” according to the official Steam page. The Crusader Kings III: Royal Court will include a Throne Room, the ability to Hold Court, Grandeur, Inspired People, Hybrid Cultures, and Cultural Divergence. The Throne Room is described as a physical representation of your power, a better throne room means an improvement of quality of life for your court.
You can check out the official key features below:
- Throne Room – A visual representation of your royal court will reflect all the accumulated majesty and prestige of your dynasty.
- Hold Court – Interact with vassals and courtiers as they come to you with their problems, seeking a royal judgment.
- Grandeur – Increase the quality of life at your court with fancier trappings and better food, all the better to impress your rivals and attract higher quality guests.
- Inspired People – Talented artists, craftspeople and thinkers can work on new projects, adding treasures and artifacts to your court.
- Hybrid Cultures– Make the most of a multicultural realm, developing a new way of life that is specifically adapted to your population and geography.
- Cultural Divergence – Split from your traditional culture, adapting it into something new that better fits your aspirations.
So far there is no release date for the expansion but it will be coming with a major free update which will add new culture interface and more.
Paradox previously released the Crusader Kings III: Northern Lords which added new small features or thematic content to the game, this time adding a Viking flavour. Northern Lords adds new character art inspired by Norse culture, including new hairstyles, and clothes.
Crusader Kings III: Royal Court is now available to pre-purchase on Steam.
For a roundup of recent RPG news find it here in Top RPG News Of The Week: May 23rd (Starfield, FFXIV Endwalker, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade And More!).